Monday, August 5, 2013

2013 FINA World Championships!

When I was 8 years old I joined my first swim team. It was just a country club team, but I still took it very seriously and had a lot of fun every summer. In middle school I joined a year round team called Hilltoppers at the University of Denver and I later swam for my high school. I was never the best on the team but I always loved the sport and tried my best with all teams I was a part of. Including making sure I never missed a 5am practice! Unfortunately, my college didn't have a swim team so after high school my career was over. :(
 
senior pic
My senior swimming picture
 
During every summer Olympics I always plant myself in front of the TV during the swimming events. My friends and family know not to bother me or attempt to change the channel when I am watching swimming. The 2012 Olympics were in London which is a cheap and quick flight from most airports in Spain. I decided on a whim that I wanted to go which lead me to buying a 700 dollar fake ticket. Luckily, I was able to get all my money back (Thanks to my amazing bank Charles Schwab!) But, I was still really disappointed that I was not able to see Michael Phelps swim professionally.
 
This year, I decided to treat myself and make up for not getting into the Olympics by going to the FINA World Championships which just happened to be 4 hours away from Valencia in Barcelona. My tickets were real this time which made me very happy when I was able to get into the pool with no problems.
 
IMG_0516
 
I was able to see Ryan Lochte, Missy Franklin, Natalie Coughlin, and Katie Ledecky. As well as some championship records and world records! It was so much fun and I am so lucky that I was able to go.
 
IMG_0590
Missy Franklin

IMG_0625
Tyler Clary and Ryan Lochte
IMG_0691
Nathan Adrian

IMG_0721
Ryan Lochte and Tyler Clary gold and bronze

IMG_0740
Micah Lawrence

IMG_0788
Ryan Lochte
IMG_0884
Men's 4x200 Free Relay Team
IMG_0921
Men's 4x200 Free Relay
IMG_1006
Gold Medalists
IMG_1166
 
IMG_1094

IMG_1098
Missy Franklin
 
IMG_0870
Missy Franklin was very close to getting a world record in the 200 back,
instead she received a Championship Record. Still awesome!

IMG_1188
Hungary's Laszlo Cseh, a very fierce competitor

IMG_1189
South Africa's Chad Le Clos

IMG_1199
Le Clos after winning the 100 butterfly

IMG_1215
Brazil's Caesar Cielo winning gold in 50 free

IMG_1219
Natalie Coughlin

IMG_1239
Missy Franklin winning gold
IMG_1260
 
IMG_1272
Women's 800 Free

IMG_1319
Katie Ledecky with her gold medal and World Record

IMG_1326

No comments:

Post a Comment